If you own a car, there are several maintenance and repair tasks that need to be done to your vehicle. Here is a list of ten basic things every motorist needs to do before hiring automobile services for a more thorough checkup.
1. Adding windshield wiper fluid. If you do not add windshield wiper fluid, you will notice that your wipers stop working well after a few swipes without any moisture.
2. Changing the oil. This is an important task that helps keep your engine running smoothly.
3. Cleaning air filters. Regularly replace air filters to improve your car’s performance.
4. Checking the tire pressure. Ensure you check the pressure in all four tires at least once a month.
5. Inspect brake pads. If you find any signs of excessive wear, get new brake pads and shoes before they fail.
6. Checking fluids. You can start with the coolant, power steering fluid, transmission fluid, and other fluids in your car.
7. Changing spark plugs. Spark plug wires tend to break down over time, while old spark plugs can damage your engine.
8. Checking your headlights, taillights, turn signals, brake lights, and horns.
9. Adjusting shocks. Make sure your shock absorbers are adjusted properly.
10. Checking battery cables every now and then.